Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's a Brand New Year.

Happy January 1st, everybody!

Another year has gone by. And if you've been reading my posts all year, you know that I had some major disappointments earlier in 2012, but at the same time, so many great things happened in the year as well. To recap:

I participated in a mud run,


I went to prom,


I graduated from high school as valedictorian (also, here),


I went to San Antonio on a senior trip with my good friends,


I participated in a 3 week long training program with some girls in my youth group,


I started college,



I turned 19,


I saw Les Miserables TWICE (at the Bass Hall and at the movie theater),


I went Black Friday shopping for the first time,


I had a merry Christmas,


And a happy New Year (to be blogged at a later time).


2012 stretched me, challenged me, humbled me, encouraged me, made me cry, and made me smile in so many different ways. I crossed three things off my bucket list, I made some new friends, I joined the "adult world" for the first time. And I missed a lot of things about high school, but I still enjoyed my new stage of life.

This year, I earned about 70 college credits, putting me at a total of 84. (If I pass my test this Thursday, I'll have 90 and officially be a college senior). And I survived the end of the world.

I'm definitely going to miss parts of 2012, and I'm definitely NOT going to miss other parts. But I'm definitely excited to see what 2013 has in store for me. Some things I know will be happening:

  • I'm going on a cruise next week!
  • I'll be finishing college in May and graduating in September.
  • I'll be starting and hopefully finishing getting my teacher's certification.
  • I'm entering a new decade this year! 20 years!
  • And then of course Christmas and New Year's are always something to look forward to.

I rung in the New Year by throwing the first party I've ever thrown in my 19 years of life...and I do believe it was a success. I will post about that tomorrow or another time this week.

But until then...I wish everybody the best in 2013. I hope everybody had a great New Year's Eve, and here's to a brand new year.

P.S. I had the exact numbers of posts in 2012 as I did in 2011. I am way too consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing your thoughts. :-)