Friday, April 27, 2012

From Messy to Marvelous.

And once again, I'm late on the blog posting. I just had the craziest week in school, with a 10 page paper and a 6 page paper due on the same day. I also got sick this week, so that didn't help. But, now it's Friday, the week is (almost) officially over, and I have no plans tonight. So, here I am to update you on the most exciting event of a high school girl's life...

So, if you read my last post you'll know that two weekends ago I participated in a mud run. Well, this past weekend, I did essentially the complete opposite of jumping into mud.

I...

Went to prom! Yay!

And let me just say, it was fabulous. Getting ready was probably one of my favorite parts, despite the fact that it took FOUR HOURS to curl my hair. I have a lot of hair. This is good because I know that I will never be bald. Other than that...it's really not good. If you don't think you have enough hair....just be grateful you don't have too MUCH hair.

ANYWAY....enough about hair...you want to see pictures, don't you?

Good thing we took some! :) I will narrate my way through the pictures, so you can feel like you were there, and then be jealous that you weren't.

After curling my hair, I looked like a poodle. Did I mention I have A LOT of hair?

The final touches.

Time for pictures in Meagan's front yard!

Fun fact: I got my dress for free and have been saving it for five years.

"I don't want to go to prom with HER..."

My back is awkwardly arched...

Meagan's overly excited, and I am in shock. Typical.

 
 Aww...friends!

Hey, look! More friends!

Look at our pretty dresses. :)

 We took a lot of pictures...

  
Tree shot!

 On the way to prom--so exciting!

 
Personally, I think the sunglasses complete the look...

We met up with some more friends at prom...

...and things got a little crazy!

Group shot! We're defending the boys.

And now the boys are defending us...

 And now I'm about to murder Alex. Don't mess with me.

And that would conclude all the pictures I have from prom. We also had a fabulous dinner with this amazing, mouth watering raspberry mousse for dessert. It was so good, I almost cried when it was gone. And then the dancing was a ton of fun...even though I'm not a dancer, and probably made a fool of myself.

I think my favorite part though was getting ready. I love getting all prettied up and spending extra time on hair and makeup and stuff. For example, I love my hair curly...but I don't typically have four hours of free time, so I usually leave it in its naturally wild and crazy state.

Prom ended suuuuper late...at 1...I didn't get to bed until after 2! Most of our group went to IHOP afterward...but I had to be at church at 7:30 the next morning, so I passed on that one. 

So, that was my exciting Saturday! My first--and last--prom. It was a lot of fun and totally worth the money, but I wouldn't do it again. I think it's worth the money the first time, but not a second, if that makes any sense at all. If it was free, however, I'd go every week.

Also, I mentioned in a previous post that I had a recital coming up this past Friday. That got canceled because one of our girls got sick and couldn't sing. It is now going to take place sometime at the end of May, so I will post about that whenever it happens. Just in case anyone was wondering.

And I have one last note! I wanted to give a quick shout out to Memory from the Lowercase Letters blog. Her 18th birthday was on Wednesday, so I'm a little late, buuut 18 is too important to be forgotten. Happy birthday, Mem! You are now officially part of the adult world. Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. You look really pretty and looks like you had a really good time with your friends :)

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing your thoughts. :-)