Monday, September 26, 2011

Surprise! (Sort Of)

Yesterday was my 18th birthday.

Saturday, three of my best friends (along with my parents) threw me a "surprise" birthday party. I put surprise in quotes because I knew about it. I did not, however, know what was going to happen.

It was great!

It started off with a kidnapping. My church, every year, does a freshman kidnap in order to welcome the freshmen into the high school. My freshman year, however, I had a volleyball tournament the weekend of the kidnapping and had to come late. Therefore, I never got to be kidnapped. Having kidnapped other freshmen the past three years, I was really disappointed I missed out on all the fun of being kidnapped. So, my friends came up with the idea of giving me the kidnapping I never got to kick off my party.

There was a bounce house (yes, I know, not your typical 18th birthday part event...but hey, it's still fun). That thing was DANGEROUS. People were, like, dying in there. Not literally, but kind of. Oh, and the bounce house had DOLPHINS. Coolest thing ever.

There was lots of good food, including a beautiful cake:

 Decorated by Christopher's mom, Denise. Didn't she do a great job??

There was a fabulous program that started with a live performance of my favorite song. There was a skit, which basically just made fun of me, but it was all true. haha, I'm easy to make fun of. :-) One of my favorite things, though, was the song that Christopher rewrote to be about me. I loved it.

Oh, I almost forgot. I now have a shiny new toy named Flynn Rider:

Vandalism compliments of Meagan.

Disclaimer: This was not exactly a present considering that I paid for it. However, it was fun that I got it at my birthday party and was able to drive it around on my birthday.

This is me with the wonderful people who love me so much that they put in a ton of time to make the day, literally, the best day ever.

My best friends, aka "The Schemers". L-R: Meagan, Ellen, Me, and Christopher.

I am so blessed to have such amazing friends, and I pray everyday that I will be fortunate enough to keep these friendships for a long time.

My party was perfect. I don't care what any of these three say about how things could have gone better. They're wrong. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. They truly did give me the best birthday I've ever had.

And, thanks to them, I can now cross numbers 17 and 42 off of my bucket list!

2 comments:

  1. YESSS! :) success! And yeah it could have gone WAY better of course! But some things I did love about this post:
    1. the bird poop on your car...
    2. the fact that I VANDALIZED IT!! ;)
    3. Yes the cake is beautiful!
    4. Yes im sure someone actually died on that bounce house..
    5. YAY for crossing numbers off your bucket list!
    6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww! i wish i lived in texas (haha). this looked like a BLAST! the cake looks amazing and so do YOU! i was smiling all through this post :)) enjoyed the pictures... love that your car was vandalized! happy day and happy birthday week hunn!
    xoxo
    p.s. bounce houses ARE dangerous. lol. we had one of those at the VBS we helped put on in jamaica this year. not good. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing your thoughts. :-)