Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Just Like Christmas.

I'm waiting.

I'm trying to be patient, but sometimes it's just really hard.

In fact, it's hard just about all the time.

Not just hard. Difficult.

It doesn't seem fair. I didn't do anything wrong. Why do I have to wait? This feels like punishment.

Sometimes, I want to give in. Stop waiting around. Move on with my life, and not have to constantly be dwelling on the pain caused by the lingering pace at which the thing I want comes to me.

But then I remember...it's worth waiting for.

I remember...God has a plan.

I remember...there's a reason I have to wait.

It must not be ready for me yet.

Who wants to eat a half-cooked meal? Who wants to live in a half-built house? All the same, who wants to open a gift that's only half-ready?

Not me.

I feel like the gift is perfect as it is. Yet it hasn't been given to me. I am not the giver; therefore, I cannot know when the gift is ready.

I hate waiting.

But I know there's a reason I must.

Trusting in You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing your thoughts. :-)