Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Rant About the Dentist and Miley Cyrus.

So, I had an impromptu dentist appointment on Monday.

It was scheduled for today, but for some reason unbeknownst to me, six months ago I thought it would be a grand idea to schedule my next appointment for 11:30am...right in the middle of the workday.

Which is totally fine for someone who works full time and really has no other option but to miss part of work to go to the dentist. But I only work until 2 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 3 on Mon/Wed/Fri so CLEARLY I do not need to miss part of my work day. Nor should I.

So on Monday, I called to reschedule, and literally the ONLY time they could get me in was 3:00 that same day. Right when I get off work. I told them I'd be about 10 minutes late, but they were cool with that so we scheduled it.

So, I get there at 3, and as usual, I sit around for about 15 minutes before they call me back. The lady calls me back to do some x-rays, and that takes like 10 minutes. And then she sends me back out to the waiting room because apparently she's not my hygienist. My hygienist isn't ready yet.

So I literally sit in the waiting room for 15 more minutes. Remember that they scheduled me for an appointment at 3...I didn't get back in the room until almost 4.

Then while I was waiting, a girl showed up who is apparently a new employee starting on Friday and so she was supposed to be visiting. Well, the head honcho dentist guy decided to put MY hygienist in charge of helping her out, so about 5 minutes into my cleaning, she leaves for literally 10 minutes. And I'm just sitting there with a bright light shining on my face, until a nice lady came in and moved it for me.

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my dentist. I truly feel like they want what's best for me, and not what will make them the most money. But I had somewhere to be at 5:30, and I was starting to get concerned.

My teeth were perfect as usual, and my gums were puffy, inflamed, and unhealthy as usual. I don't know why I have had gingivitis since I was 7 but I have never had a cavity. But whatever. At least with gum infections they don't drill a hole in your face.

Anyway, they are genuinely concerned about the condition of my gums, so guess who gets to go back into the dentist in three months for another cleaning? Huzzah for me.

So, I leave the dentist with my sore and bleeding gums (because they are NOT gentle with those cleanings!) and OH YEAH my broken wire because she literally flossed right through my permanent retainer on the back of my bottom row of teeth....

I was meeting a bunch of family for dinner at 5:30 and didn't have time to go home, but did have time to run a quick errand. So I stopped at a store, walked around for 10 minutes looking for what I needed, got in a line with a broken register, got in another line, left, and got lost. Because I thought I knew where I was going, and I should never, EVER think that.

EVER.

So I was like...15 minutes late to dinner. But it's okay. We went to see Man of Steel afterward, which was good, but WAY too long, and the action scene at the end seriously could have been 30 minutes shorter.

And thus ends my dentist rant. Which brings me to my rant about Miley Cyrus. Have you seen her new music video?

Please don't.

Though you probably will now because I've struck your curiosity, but I must warn you: it is the WORST music video, in every way possible, that I have ever seen in my entire life. Including Lady Gaga videos.

Yeah. I know.

And what's even worse, is all the people in the comments who say "This video is so awesome!" and then say "Stop hating on Miley, she's a grown up now!"

Um...I'm sorry, but she looked pretty juvenile in that video.

Newsflash: being a grown up does NOT give you a free pass to do whatever the heck you want. It means you stop acting like a child, which is not -- by any definition -- what Miley has done in that video.

If anything, she was more mature when she was on Hannah Montana.

Sorry if you're a Miley fan, but unfortunately it's the truth.

Also...either Miley is really bad at twerking, or that dance move should never, EVER be attempted in public OR private. End of discussion. Outlaw the twerk.

Don't worry, I'll have some more coherent posts up soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing your thoughts. :-)