Monday, June 24, 2013

Why Summer is Actually the Best.

 Summer provides once in a lifetime opportunities, like shark riding.
(Btw, this was me and my dad, circa 1997ish).

Usually when people refer to "the most wonderful time of the year," they are talking about Christmastime. While I am in complete agreement that Christmas is pretty wonderful, I would argue that it is not, in fact, the most wonderful. The following is a list of reasons which I would use to defend my position. (And it wouldn't be a list if it wasn't alphabetical).

Beaches.
Berry season.
Bright colors.
Butterflies.
Flip-flops.
Flowers.
Green grass.
Ice cream cones.
Lemonade.
Longer days.
Movies.
No school.
Painted toe nails.
Picnics.
Popsicles.
Running through sprinklers.
Sandals.
Sand volleyball.
Shorts.
Snow cones.
Sonic's Summer of Shakes!
Sundresses.
Sunshine.
Swimming.
Tank tops.
Vacations.
Water parks.
Weather that isn't cold.

Basically, happiness. Summer is just the happiest time of the year. And the most wonderful. And the best.

And if you're wondering why I think summer is the best, but back in September I called autumn my favorite season, it's because I go back and forth between the two. Usually by the end of summer/beginning of fall, fall is my favorite, but near the end of fall and all the way through spring I'm SO ready for summer. I'm not a liar, I promise.

Check out my lists for why I love fall and winter (mainly Christmas). There isn't one for spring, because spring is clearly the worst season and doesn't deserve a list (I have bad allergies, if you're wondering why I have a vendetta against spring).

1 comment:

  1. haha! alphabetical?? you are cracking me up, girl!! :) yay for amazing summers! <3

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing your thoughts. :-)