- I turned in the final copy of my 42 page capstone last Saturday. That's happy.
- On Monday, I found out that I made a -- wait for it -- 95 on my 42 page capstone. That's happy.
- That means I made an A in the one and only college class I'm taking that actually counts toward my GPA. That's double happy.
- Also on Saturday, I went to a friend's wedding. Weddings are happy.
- Today, I found out that my supervisor at work is engaged. Engagements are happy.
- Today is also the last day of classes at UTA. That's happy.
- Yesterday marked the beginning of May, aka the last month of me being a college student. That, my friends, is happy.
Anyway, you all know that I want to be an elementary school teacher, right? If not, you do now. Over this past school semester I have slowly gotten closer to making that a reality and I am SO excited. I've been helping my mom out with her drama class, and got a couple subbing jobs for a second grade class (which was a lot of fun, but you know how kids are with subs -- I am really hoping they'll listen to me more when I'm actually their teacher, haha). And then after I graduate college, I'm going to take the summer off, and then start working on getting teacher's certification. I'll probably also look into doing some assistant teaching with an elementary school teacher.
I feel like I'm not going to know what to do with my life once I graduate. I mean...obviously I'm gonna work. But I'm not going to have homework. What am I going to do in the evenings?! Supposedly your life actually gets busier once you're out of school, but I don't understand that concept yet. I'm freaking out about not having enough to do. I guess I'll find out soon enough.
I don't really have any big events to update y'all on other than that. In a few weeks I'm going to be participating in a color run. Remember the mud run? It's like that, but with colored cornstarch...we're supposed to look like rainbows after it's done. Awesome. I'll be sure to post pictures of that, and anything else that may come my way.
I also have a few random posts in my drafts that I know I keep talking about and not posting. I'm going to work on finishing those, too, haha.