Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things.

Forgive me for my absence from the blog the last few weeks. I've had a lot going on and have a CRAZY week ahead of me. I'm writing an article for a magazine my church is doing (due Monday), cooking a meal for my group Tuesday night, and Wednesday morning I am taking a very important test for my teacher's certification that I'm kind of freaking out about. In the mean time, here is a list of things that are currently making me happy/keeping me sane. 

Enjoy.

My One Line a Day journal.


You write a couple lines everyday about what happened that day, and it goes on for 5 years. Great for the sentimental people, like me. I'm really bad at journaling but I've been doing this now for just over 4 months. I love that it's so quick to catch up on if you get behind.

My pretty new planner.


Even though I can't use this until January, organization makes me happy. This beauty is made by Sugar Paper Los Angeles and can be snagged up at Target for 8 weeks only. Get yours now! (Also, this mint green scarf in the picture is new and I LOVE it.)

My Wilton cake decorating classes.


I actually completed course 1 on Monday, but it was so much fun learning how to decorate cakes! I'll be taking a break for the holidays, but I hope to start back up with course 2 in January. This cake was my final project. What do you think?

Halloween.


I haven't dressed up for Halloween in about 8 years. This year I got invited to a costume party and I was so excited! It was a lot of fun. I went as a flapper/20's girl. I found the perfect dress at Goodwill (for $2.75, thank you) and just added a few accessories, did my hair in a faux bob, and put on some red lipstick and I was good to go.

Sara Bareilles.


Sara Bareilles is a fairly new discovery for me. I've always known her hit singles that were played on the radio, but that was it. Man, I have been missing out! Each song is catchy and I can relate to every lyric. Her voice is so strong and rich and perfect. And I love the borderline jazz/blues genre of her songs. I can't get enough.

The #joyfilledhomechallenge.


Remember my 30 Days of Thankfulness post from last year? This year I'm expressing my thankfulness by participating in this photo challenge, hosted by two awesome bloggers. Check out my posts on Instagram (@kholiday25) and be sure to let me know if you decide to participate!

I will hopefully be back with some brand new posts after I take my test on Wednesday! I have a lot in the works, just haven't gotten to making them postable yet. :-)

Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing your thoughts. :-)