And with it, so many memories.
Did the year fly by for anyone else? I feel like I was just ringing in 2013.
2013 was a good year for me. It started out a bit rough coming in from 2012, but in every way I am glad that 2013 happened.
3. I was forced to come out of my shell and sing in front of my entire music class.
4. I made an A on my 42-page Capstone project.
5. I turned into a rainbow at the Color Me Rad 5k.
6. I realized exactly why I want to be a teacher.
7. I started working on my teacher's certification and got a job substituting at my old school.
8. I discovered Veronica Mars (and bought the DVDs).
10. I turned 20!
11. I took a cake decorating class.
12. I had the best Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Some not so fun things that happened this year that turned out to be okay anyway:
- I almost died.
- I almost died again.
- My TV made life difficult.
- I was trapped in my house for 4 days.
That's pretty much it. The good definitely out-weighed the bad this year.
So, what does 2014 have in store? SO much and I'm so excited.
First and foremost, I will be completing the first part of my teacher's certification and will be able to start teaching full-time by the fall semester (!!!), Lord-willing.
I also have the opportunity to be a first grade assistant teacher for four weeks in January/February while the current assistant is out on maternity leave.
The Veronica Mars movie comes out on March 14th. I might have it written in really big capital letters in my planner. Maybe.
There may be a possibility for a family vacation in the spring, but I'm not getting my hopes up. More on that later.
I'll also be attending at least 6 weddings, give or take a few.
As far as resolutions go, I don't usually have any, but there are a few things this year I'd like to work on.
- Having days off from work really throws off my routine because I think I can sleep in for as long as I want and then do nothing all day. This year, I am going to focus on getting into an everyday routine -- even on my days off -- and making the most of my free time.
- I would like to pay more attention to my finances and budget my spending more. I have been using Mint.com for awhile, but have more been adjusting my budgets according to my spending instead of the other way around. I currently don't have a lot of expenses to pay, so I think that's a good habit to go ahead and get into before it's too late and I'm broke.
- Spend more time with God daily (this is pretty much going to be on my list every year).
- Invest in others more. This is something I have been working a lot this year, and I want to continue to do this even more. I really am happier when I am focusing on others instead of myself.
I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Year's Eve tonight! What are your plans? I will be starting out the evening at a big party, and ending at a smaller get-together at my friend's new apartment. Looking forward to bringing in 2014 with all of my friends.
Happy New Year!
P.S. If it weren't for this post, I would have had 34 posts for the third year in a row. Seriously, I'm not trying to do this.